The Recon Sales Representative is primarily responsible for providing primary technical advice to customers to help achieve the sales objectives in assigned direct sales territories while operating within Company policies/procedures and the assigned expense budget. The Recon Sales Representative has contributory responsibility to gross profit on the sales in the U.S. and specific sales areas.
- (Gains and maintains an acceptable level of knowledge of the Orthopaedic Hip and Knee product line, business objectives, pricing strategies, and proven sales techniques for Orthopaedic Hip and Knee products and all other Orthopaedic products.
- Achieves sales quotas for Recon and Trauma Orthopaedic products within assigned area.
- Field Sales Trainer or otherwise designated trainer/mentor to less experienced Sales personnel (ASRs, and other selling reps).
- Establishes, develops and maintains field contact with key orthopaedic surgeons, hospitals, OR Staff, administration, clinicians and researchers. Develops rapport with personnel at target teaching hospitals within specific area, with an emphasis on residents in Orthopaedics.
- Assists product managers on field projects to include test markets, market surveys, product idea evaluations, and competitive research. Assists in working the major national conventions and local/regional meetings as determined by Orthopaedic Sales Management.
- Establishes and maintains written and oral communication with both field and internal sales management with attention to sales calls made, follow-up required, market potential and recommendations at to new sales, pricing, or promotional strategy.
- Plan activity calendar and organizes time to achieve agreed-upon goals established between the
- Regional/District Management and the Orthopaedic Sales Management as directed.
Responsible for field inventory and Sales samples as assigned. Assists in building and maintaining a high level of enthusiasm for Orthopaedic Hip and Knee products within assigned area.
- Develops business plan under the direction of the Regional Sales Management.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, or Product Development required plus 3 yearsbusiness to business sales or 7 plus years in orthopaedic sales experience.
Experience: 3 yearsbusiness to business sales or 7 plus years in orthopaedic sales experience.
- Requires the ability to be on call 24 hours a day/7 days per week.
- Requires ability to meet travel demands and work within a fast paced, high growth, dynamic environment.
- Requires ability to lift multiple instrument implant kits weighing approximately 20 lbs. each.
- Requires a dynamic, assertive individual with a technical-oriented leadership ability and well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Requires 'Hands On'Training and Technical Support style of sales management.
- Requires good business sense and an understanding of how marketing (pricing, discounting, etc.) ties into the profitability of a company.
- Experience selling Orthopaedic Hip and Knee and/or Trauma products preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Requires ability to get to all customers' operations and facilities via air, own automobile and local transport.
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines, frequent assignment changes, periodic heavy workload, rapidly changing technology and
- dynamic business growth.
- Requires domestic travel 90% of the time. Requires mobility at conventions and meetings.
- Requires the ability to operate complex medical equipment.
- Requires the ability to hear and communicate customer problems with sales representatives in person and on the telephone.
- Requires the ability to read computer output on CRT screen and printed
- Requires the ability to read complex reference material and written user manuals.
- Requires the ability to participate in interactive verbal group activities including brainstorming and application design working sessions.
Travel Requirements: >75%
Smith+Nephew provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Smith & Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and participates in the E-Verify Program.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Smith & Nephew is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual in the US with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Smith & Nephew's career website as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling Recruitment Support at 1-901-399-6192.